The Nelson County Public Library provides the community an inviting atmosphere to readily access both print and digital information, present relevant programming, and purse patron interests both for leisure and education.
We strive to empower the Nelson County community to discover information, technologies, and partnerships with all aspects of library services for the pursuit of lifelong learning.
To expand awareness, increase engagement, and provide services that reflect the needs of the Nelson County community while maximizing staff potential and being financially responsible to our constituents.
- Develop a more comprehensive human resource project.
- Assure the financial stability and reporting of library funds.
- Oversee, guide, and make available the tools necessary for all library departments to succeed in providing for the Nelson County community.
Ensure continued relevance of library service to the community, enhance user experience and extend library services to effectively engage with the community.
- Create and enhance community partnerships to solidify relationships with potential and current patrons.
- Conduct building, vehicle, and space enhancement assessments to ensure signage and promotional material are current and meet the branding guidelines.
- Promote digital communications to better inform the community by creating a digital marketing collaboration team, and develop a brand marketing guideline that will ensure consistent and effective branding.
To collaborate within all branches in the NCPL system to create a variety of programs, incorporate diversity within programming, and promote library services within program offerings.
- To collaborate with all branches to offer consistent programming throughout the Nelson County Public Library system.
- To be intentional in incorporating diversity from multiple cultures found around the world into our programs.
- To promote library services offered to the community at all NCPL programming.
Collection Development/Technical Services
Access to Information & Materials
- Eliminate roadblocks for Nelson County Library patrons
- Provide all staff the knowledge to educate out patrons on print and digital collections
- To adapt and grow the collection to match the everchanging needs of our patrons
To be proactive in providing emerging technologies to the community through the collection and programming.
- Upgrade hardware/software to better staff services and exceed patron expectances
- Explore the addition of emerging technologies to match the needs of our patrons while being financially responsible
- Improve communication and monitoring of technology needs and barriers between staff and patrons
Our goal is to engage the community and provide services that will enrich the patron experience at the library. Here are some highlights of how our strategic plan may impact you in the near future:
- No Fines
- Grant Opportunities
- Facility Upgrades
- Adult/Children Combination Programming
- New Social Media
- Pop Up Libraries
- Children iPads
- Self Checkout
- Virtual Reality Programming
- New OPAC/Catalog Search Features
- Book Requests/ILL on website
- Expanded digital collections