All branches will be closed on Mon., Jan. 18th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
You are here
Meeting Room Policy
The following rules govern the use of community meeting rooms of the Nelson County Public Library:
- Meeting rooms may be used for meeting or programs by organizations whose membership is open to the public. An adult or adults must be in charge at all times.
- Private parties or meetings promoting commercial interests may not be held.
- No games or activities will be permitted which will damage the grounds, building or equipment.
- One person from the organization shall be responsible to the library for the group’s use of the meeting rooms. Library property, equipment or items on exhibit (paintings, photographs, etc.) damaged through misuse, carelessness or vandalism shall be replaced or repaired in a timely manner by the group using the facility.
- In case of night meetings, the key to the meeting area door is to be picked up by the adult representing the group at the library prior to 5:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The key should be returned through the book drop at the conclusion of the meeting. Staff members will not be available after regular hours of operation to assist with room security or clean up.
- There is no fee for use of the meeting room.
- The Library Director reserves the right to cancel reservation if an emergency meeting becomes necessary for library programming, Library Board of Trustees, Civil Defense, Homeland Security, or for any other reason.
- Our aim is to keep the meeting rooms and adjoining facilities as clean as possible. We require that the person responsible for a group check the items on the checklist when the meeting is over.
The above rules are a summary of our official meeting room policy. To read the full meeting room policy as approved by the Library Board, please visit the library.